BHCOE Standard 101
Standard for the Documentation of Clinical Records for Applied Behavior Analysis Services
Title of Standard: Standard for the Documentation of Clinical Records for Applied Behavior Analysis Services
Abstract: This standard describes appropriate documentation for Applied Behavior Analysis Service delivery and how to provide accurate and supportive medical record documentation.
Project Need: Clinical record keeping is an integral component in clinical best practice and the delivery of quality clinical services. Regardless of the form of the records (i.e. electronic or paper), appropriate clinical records should enable continuity of care and should enhance communication between all parties impacted by the delivery of services.
Status: The second standard draft is now available for public comment. Public commentary will be open from July 3, 2020 to August 17, 2020.
Download BHCOE Standard 101
The BHCOE Commission will meet to discuss public commentary from the first-round draft of the standards.
Click below to RSVP for the upcoming meetings:
Past BHCOE Commission meetings to discuss public commentary were held on the following dates:
- Monday, August 19th, 2019 — 10 AM PST (Registration Closed)
- Monday, September 30th, 2019 — 10 AM PST (Registration Closed)
- Monday, December 9th, 2019 — 11 AM PST (Registration Closed)
- Tuesday, January 7th, 2020 — 10 AM PST (Registration Closed)
- Monday, March 2nd, 2020 — 10AM PST — (Registration Closed)
- Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 — 9 AM PST — CANCELED
- Wednesday, April 22nd, 2020 – 9 AM PST — (Registration Closed)
- Monday, October 5th, 2020 – 10 AM PST – (Registration Closed)
Draft Adopted: June 23, 2020
The commission voted to adopt the current draft. The results of the commission vote can be found here.
Note: All previous public commentary responses were sent on June 30, 2020. The currently proposed standard is open for the second round of public commentary as of July 3, 2020, and will remain open for 45 days.