On behalf of our entire team, I’m excited to share our newly appointed ANSI Commission Members for BHCOE Standard 201: Standards & Guidelines for Effective Applied Behavior Analysis Organizations.
These BHCOE Commission Members serve as the “consensus body” for the purpose of documenting consensus on the pending American National Standards (ANS) proposed by BHCOE. To learn more about standard development activities at BHCOE, you can visit: https://bhcoe.org/standard-development/.
This group comprises experts from seven different organization types, an effort meant to ensure that the standards developed by BHCOE accurately and effectively represent the stakeholders who pursue accreditation. These individuals have expertise in a variety of specific behavior analytic disciplines, as well as general expertise in applied behavior analysis research, healthcare, measurement science, statistics, law, and policy.
These new BHCOE Commission Members will join existing members:
- Matthew Brodhead – Michigan State University, Academic Representative
- Darren Sush – CIGNA, Private Payor Representative
- Michelle Heid – CalABA, State Association Representative
- Michele Trivedi – Parent Advocate, Parent Representative
- Paul Terdal – Parent Advocate, Parent Representative
- Michael Wright – Ascend Behavior, Private Sector Representative
- Joshua Sleeper – Trumpet Behavioral Health, Private Sector Representative
- Jessica Irwin – S.E.E.K. Arizona, Private Sector Representative
- Julie Kornack – NCAAS, Trade Association
- Krys Bienia – TRICARE, Public Payor Representative
- Erica Floyd-Thomas – Florida AHCA, Public Payor Representative
- Maegen Pierce – Breakthrough Behavior, Private Sector Representative
- Kaitlin Causin – Attentive Behavior, Private Sector Representative
Please join me in welcoming this group of individuals who will help us pursue our mission to dramatically improve quality of care for consumers across the world through the accreditation of organizations providing behavior-analytic services.
Sara Gershfeld Litvak, MA, BCBA
Chief Executive Officer
BHCOE’s ANSI Commission will hold two separate meetings to discuss Documentation and Accreditation Standards.
If you would like to attend either of these open forum meetings, please RSVP by clicking the below links:
- ANSI Commission, Documentation Standards | Oct. 5, 2020 – 10a PT
- ANSI Commission, Accreditation Standards | Oct. 22, 2020 – 10a PT
Read more about Standard 201 and the BHCOE Policies & Procedures for the Development of an American National Standard below. Per ANSI requirements, all meetings are open to the public and shall be easily accessible to all relevant stakeholders.